University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City – UEH
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City – UEH (www.ueh.edu.vn) is the top 15 key university that provides education, training, research and consultancy in Vietnam. UEH’s mission is to develop theoretical and practical knowledge and produce excellent human resources related to economics, business management, law, public policy, accounting, banking and finance to enhance solutions for practical economic and social problems arising in Vietnam new developing (Doi moi) period. The institution delivers effective research and consultancy to government policy makers and enterprises. The university has long cooperation and relationship with local and international organizations in education, training, and research.
The university provides undergraduate and postgraduate education for students from the country and foreign countries such as Laos and Cambodia. Graduates of the university since its establishment include: 190.000 Bachelors, 5.355 Masters and 439 Doctors. UEH now provides graduate and postgraduate education (master, doctoral programs) to over 50.000 students per year.
The university has 680 lecturers, including: 7 Professors, 44 Associate Professors, 6 People Teachers, 34 Excellent Teachers, 158 Doctors, and 178 Masters. UEH has 3 research institutes, 2 education institutes, 5 training and consulting centers, and one academic journal of Journal of Development Economics in both Vietnamese and English language.
Annually, the university contributes over 10 practical and scientific research projects for Ministry and Province governments in Vietnam to enhance economic and social development, conducts 40 academic research projects and 30 consultancy projects. UEH also publishes 50 textbooks and manuals, 80 papers in local journals and about 20 papers in international journals and seminars.
The university focuses on research and consultancy activities and fields as following:
- Academic research for education and training objectives such as economic and social renewing process, compiling the textbook and manuals, developing grounded knowledge
- Theoretical and empirical research in economics and business management
- Practical research and consultancy projects for local and international governments, and private and state enterprises
- Research and consultancy of economic and social development strategy and planning for government policy makers and enterprise decision makers
- Business management consulting and training for enterprises
- Academic research for international and local journal and seminar publishing
- Research and case study to improve and upgrade education and training methods, tools, syllabus and courses
- International and local cooperation for research and consultancy in economics and business management in according to global standard
The main research and consultancy fields of UEH are in economics, business management, marketing, accounting, law, bank and finance, and others.
UEH involve directly in PW1, PW5, PW6, PW9 and contribute to work in all other WPs. UEH’s main expertise is in economics and business management. In the School of Economic, the team is strong at agricultural economics, agribusiness and agri-marketing, value chain, linkage in farming, agricultural competitiveness, rural development and international economics.